A delicious and succulent chicken recipe is the last thing you need to be thinking about when it’s too hot outside, but with the help of a barbecue grill this is a cinch. If you’re looking for easy and fast recipes, then this dish is perfect for you. It fits perfectly on your barbecue grill with flavorful seasonings that are sure to please everybody at your backyard BBQ party. Enjoy!
When I first saw this recipe it looked delicious to me and I wanted to try it. My family liked it a lot. It is very simple to make and taste awsome. It is a nice change from some of the other recipes on here.
Yum! This was so good…I made it for church and couldn’t stop going back for more! I would recommend doubling the recipe so that you can enjoy an extra piece or two (: Thanks for sharing.
Ingredient For Barbecue Grill Chicken Recipe
- 3 pound chicken (this probably makes about 6 pieces)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, finely chopped (about 2-3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (green part only)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnishing
Directions to Prepare Barbecue Grill Chicken
1.To prepare the chicken, clean and remove the excess fat and also rinse it with water. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels. This is to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside for about 5 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes on each side, until it reaches 165 degrees F (72 degrees C) internal temperature .
- While chicken is cooking, mix remaining ingredients and set aside (oil, honey and soy sauce).
- In case you are making this for a crowd, divide the chicken into equal portions and keep them separate to grill at different times so that the meat does not dry out. This is what I did and it worked great!
- When the chicken reaches 165 degrees F (72 degrees C) internal temperature, pour about 1/4 cup of the seasoned honey mixture on each piece.
- Cover with foil or lid and allow to steam for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top of the chicken before serving.
- Serve while still hot.
Tips For Barbecue Grill Chicken
- You may use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast if that’s what you prefer.
- When serving, make sure to put the cilantro on top of the chicken and not mix it in with the honey mixture because it tends to get soggy once the honey mixture is poured on top of the chicken. Serve after glazing!
- Also, if after the 5 minute steaming time you do not find the chicken sufficiently glazed, pour the remaining honey mixture on top of the chicken and let it sit for a few extra minutes.
- Make sure to keep a close watch on your chicken while it’s cooking because times may vary according to how thick the chicken is cut.
- Do not overcook or allow your grill chicken to dry out! This will prevent your meat from being tender and juicy inside!
- If you have any leftover grilled chicken, you can make sandwiches, wraps or other recipes with it.
- Add diced onions or bell peppers between the chicken while grilling to add flavor and texture.
- For an extra twist, add 1/2 cup honey and marinate the chicken in a large ziplock bag for about 3 hours prior to grilling.
- This delicious chicken recipe works great with shrimp as well! Just butterfly them to create a more uniform surface area for even cooking!
- Marinate your shrimp in a mixture of 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 1 tablespoon honey for about 3 hours before grilling.
- You can serve this delicious chicken recipe with honey barbecue sauce or your favorite barbecue sauce!
- If you don’t have time to make the honey glaze then use a pre-made bbq sauce (butter flavored bbq sauce is my personal favorite).
Do you put BBQ sauce on chicken before grilling?
I never had BBQ sauce on my grilled chicken. I put the chicken on the grill and then bbq sauce. I just can’t imagine putting the bbq sauce on before the chicken and then grilling it, but it sounds delicious.
How do you prepare chicken for grilling?
I always wash the chicken and put them in a pan with some oil and veggies that don’t need to get cooked. I then let them sit in the fridge for a few hours before grilling over charcoal. And then cover it with foil to finish cooking.
How do you make BBQ sauce for grilled chicken?
I use a homemade bbq sauce. I’m assuming you mean homemade bbq sauce. Some people like to use store bought bbq sauce instead of making their own, but it is much better for you to make your own and try it out. This recipe is for 1 pound of chicken and also includes how to make a mesquite wood fire (which is the best type of fire for grilling).
Do you put BBQ sauce on chicken before or after baking?
I would put the sauce on when the chicken is almost finished cooking. Then a few minutes before it’s done, I spread BBQ sauce. I always do that, but I don’t remember if it was before or after baking.
How to cook BBQ chicken in oven?
For that you need to wrap the chicken in aluminium foil and then heat in an oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at 250 degrees F.
What to do with leftover BBQ chicken?
When you have leftover grilled/BBQ chicken, you can make sandwiches, wraps or any other recipe that uses BBQ chicken. It is also delicious on salads. You can use it in soups and stews as well.
I Hope you like this easy to make BBQ Chicken. If you like this recipe, then do not forget to follow us for more delcious recipe!