Want to eat something tasty but healthy? Look no further. A crostini mushroom recipe will be sure to help you on your quest for good taste while getting your daily dose of vitamins!
A crostini is a flat piece of bread that is toasted, topped with a savory filling and served with soup or salad. The interesting thing about this treat is that it allowed you to enjoy savory dishes without filling up on carbs.
You can create that savory sandwich flavor without making a whole meal out of it by rolling it up in the form of a pizza, sandwich or even burrito.
You can use simple cheese, tuna salad or any other filling and then top it off with some tomatoes and top with basil just before serving. This recipe is so simple and yet comes together in a few minutes. The crunchy bread crumbs, the earthy creaminess of the mascarpone cheese and the salty bite of pancetta make for a wonderful starter that promotes conversation over wine!
The key to making this dish as light as possible is to bake it in a shallow pan. This makes them almost impossible to overcook or have any chance of being soggy.
Toasting the Bread for Crostini
Toasting the bread to give it a crunchy texture is one of the most important parts of this recipe. You want to toast the bread until it is crispy and has turned golden brown. You can use a baking sheet but be careful not to burn them.
If you are using a tray, make sure that it is wide enough so that you do not have any leftovers! Use parchment paper or aluminum foil if your tray does not have sides, as this will help keep things from sticking to it and burning.
Why Caramelize Onions?
Caramelizing the onions lends an extra layer of flavor to the bread. It softens up their texture and flavors them in a way that is unlike any other ingredient in this recipe. You can also use any other vegetable or meat you have on hand, such as roasted squash, mushrooms or even roasted potatoes.
Fresh Mascarpone Cheese For this recipe, you need either fresh mascarpone cheese or full-fat cream cheese. You can easily use cream cheese by melting it, and then mixing in the mascarpone with a hand mixer.
The Pancetta You can use bacon for this recipe as well, depending on your diet. Since the crostini are going to be baked, it is important that you use good quality ingredients that do not contain a lot of salt or sodium. The pancetta will add another layer of flavor to the dish by adding some smoky meatiness into the mix.
Ingredients for Crostini Mushroom
2 lb. mixed mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz mascarpone cheese, softened
4 large pieces of bread (ideally 1 thick slice per serving)
Direction to Prepare the Crostini Mushroom
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onion, and cook for 5 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, until mushrooms have begun to brown slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil and chopped pancetta; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 2 tablespoons mascarpone mixture on top of each piece of bread. Top with mushroom mixture, then with the other slice of bread, and carefully press gently to make sure that the bread adheres.
- Place the crostini on a baking sheet and brush top side with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 11 minutes, or until golden brown; serve immediately.
- Crostini Mushroom is made with mushrooms, and it’s one more healthy dish you can make at home.
- Crostini Mushroom is diabetic-friendly, gluten-free and totally family friendly.
- If you want to make your own crostini mushroom, here are some tips.
- Mushrooms have a high nutritional content and have anti-oxidants which help promote good health. They also have anti-inflammatory properties which can help prevent heart disease by naturally lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Crostini mushrooms are easy to prepare, only need very few ingredients and can be prepared in minutes!
The best way to store crostini mushrooms is to place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You should keep the crostini mushrooms in your refrigerator for about 4 days.
What is Mascarpone Cheese?
Mascarpone cheese is a thick, creamy, rich and tangy cheese that’s originally from Italy that can be used in many ways. You can use mascarpone cheese in desserts such as tiramisu, or you can use it as a sauce or filling with other ingredients such as fruit or chocolate.
Benefits Of Crostini Mushroom
Crostini Mushroom is a delicious recipe that is sure to boost your health and help you stay fit. Here are some of the benefits of Crostini Mushroom:
Crostini mushroom contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. When used in conjunction with other foods rich in omega-3, such as oily fish, this can help reduce inflammation throughout the body and protect against cardiovascular disease.
It is a rich source of selenium, which helps to prevent damage to cells and is an essential component of many biologically active compounds in the body, including antioxidant enzymes.
It also contains vitamin C that plays a role in collagen production and immune system function, while also protecting your tissue from damaging free radicals. Vitamin C may also help fight off illness such as the common cold or flu.
Mushrooms contain high amounts of fiber.
If you like our recipe, then follow us for more
How to bbq grill chicken breast