The beauty of a tartar sauce is its simplicity. It’s something you can whip up in a minute or two, depending on your ingredients. You can create it to suit whatever your preferred flavour might be, or use the same recipe but drizzle it with a flavoured oil for an easy dipping sauce. The possibilities are endless!
It’s an easy recipe that can be made in a few minutes. While there are many tartar sauce recipes online, they are usually filled with ingredients . There is no need to buy a bottle of something that you just shake together with mayonnaise and you are good to go. With just a few ingredients, you can make Tartar Sauce in no time and impress your guests with this tasty sauce.
What Is Tartar Sauce
Tartar sauce is a type of sauce made from the leftovers of other sauces. It’s similar to mayonnaise, but with a more intense flavor. Unlike mayonnaise, tartar sauce is thicker and has more rosettes of egg white floating in it. The sauce can be used as a dip or condiment for food that has been salted and served with fries. The condiments are typically used as an accompaniment to fish, but this dip is also popular with hot dogs, chicken wings, and french fries.
This blog post will provide you with a recipe for homemade tartar sauce and explain the benefits of making your own instead of purchasing it in a bottle. This recipe for tartar sauce is easier than any store bought brand.
Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe
This tartar sauce can be made by using the following ingredients.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 tablespoon finely diced onion (optional)
1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- The first thing that you need to do is to combine the mayonnaise, relish and capers together. This is the fun part and when you mix these ingredients together, you will know if you like the tartar sauce or not. If it turns out too sweet for your liking, then add the mustard powder along with another small amount of onion.
- If it turns out too acidic then try adding a little paprika as well. Make sure that the other ingredients are finely chopped so that they blend into the mayonnaise.
- Place the tartar sauce in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until it is time to serve.
- Nutritional Values of Tartar Sauce
When compared to a bottled tartar sauce this is much lower in calories as well as sodium. The benefits of making your own tartar sauce from scratch will be enjoyed long after you taste it for the first time as opposed to store bought bottled sauces that provide no nutritional value whatsoever.
1)Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Be sure to combine fully to ensure that the tartar sauce is smooth.
2)Store in a glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator for up to one week. Tartar sauce is best when fresh and will lose its flavor after being stored for too long.
3)Enjoy with your favorite seafood dish or as a dip with any vegetable or chips.
Benefits Of Making Your Own Tartar Sauce
- Store bought Tartar Sauce may be high in fat and calories because it may contain a large amount of mayonnaise.
- Making your own Tartar Sauce provides you with a better option because you know exactly what is going into it. More importantly, you have control over the taste of the sauce which is better then buying it in a store.
- Making your own Tartar Sauce gives you the benefit that it can be made without the typical ingredients such as eggs, butter, and cream.
- Making Your Own Tartar Sauce will only contain the ingredients that you prefer.
- Avoiding additives, flavors, and preservatives in your Tartar Sauce will ensure that it tastes fresh and is healthy for you.
- Making the Tartar Sauce at home ensures that it is fresh and ready to consume.
- Making your own Tartar Sauce saves you time and money because you are only buying what you need at the grocery store.
Uses Of Tartar Sauce
The following are some of the uses you can use for your Tartar Sauce.
- Tartar Sauce is a great addition to your food items, whether it’s Chicken, Fries, Burgers, Sandwiches and more.
- Tartar Sauce is also used as a condiment for dipping French Fries in to add flavor and heat.
- Many love the taste of Tartar Sauce on chips or onion rings. You can also use it as a dip with other vegetables such as celery or bell peppers.
- Tartar Sauce can also be used as an additive to other recipes to create a unique twist on your favourite meal.
- Tartar Sauce is the perfect compliment for any fish, seafood or meat dish.
- A quick fix for lunch, you can use Tartar Sauce on all your sandwiches, either to make it more exciting or if you are in a hurry.
Tartar Sauce also makes a great base for creating a dipping sauce for your chicken wings.
Is Tartar Sauce Healthy?
There are many that say that Tartar Sauce is unhealthy because of the mayonnaise it contains. However, there have been studies done to prove that Tartar Sauce is healthy for you. To date, there has been no negative health side effects reported by the people who use Tartar Sauce for their recipes.
If you are trying to lose weight or control your caloric intake, you don’t have to worry about Tartar Sauce being unhealthy for you.
Your brain needs to be brimming with good fats and oils to function properly. Tartar Sauce is a great choice because it is high in omega-3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation. Omega-3 Fatty acids are necessary to maintain back bone health, brain and eye health and immune system functioning.
One cup of Tartar Sauce contains 40 calories, only 2 grams of fat, 0 grams of saturated fat and 0 grams of trans fat.
Tartar Sauce is a great and healthy food item that can be used to enrich your recipes. There are many benefits to making your own Tartar Sauce from scratch as opposed to buying it in a store. You will not only save money, but you will get healthier ingredients that give you the best of both worlds.