You might think you know all there is to know about making banana bread, but you haven’t tried our simple recipe yet! It’s absolutely mouthwatering and one of the most delicious banana bread recipes around.
This quick and easy recipe has become a family favourite thanks to its classic flavours and timeless appeal. With just six ingredients, this is an amazing dessert for when you’re hungry for something sweet. The cinnamon-sugar topping makes the entire loaf irresistible, plus it’s gluten-free so everyone can enjoy it.
Banana Bread Flour Options
To make the banana bread, you will use a combination of all-purpose flour (white) and some part-skim or whole wheat flour if you want it to have more texture or you are watching your weight.
For a lighter texture, use all-purpose flour instead of the part-skim flour. If you want it to have more of a brown colour, use some whole wheat in place of some of the white flour. If you want it to have a more chewy texture, use part-skim in place of the whole wheat.
Which type of banana is the best for this recipe?
The type of banana that you use is totally up to you.
If you have a bunch of bananas left over from the grocery store, then use one that is not going to get too ripe. You can always peel and slice it into smaller pieces after it has started getting overripe, or you can freeze it to use at a later time.
When your bananas start getting soft, that’s when you’ll need to make this recipe or an easy banana nut bread recipe.
How to quickly ripen bananas
There are a few ways to ripen bananas fast.
- Place them in the corner of your bedroom so they can get some sunshine and warm up.
- Put them in a brown paper bag to let the warm air circulate. Make sure you don’t put any fruit items that have a lot of sugar like apples or oranges inside, because they will rot and make your room smell terrible!
- You can also try using a banana slicer. This works really well if your bananas are not too ripe.
How long to bake banana bread
Most banana bread recipes call for baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30-40 minutes, but you can also bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 55-60 minutes if you want your bread to be darker and have a nice caramelised crust.
Do I have to use melted butter or can I use softened butter?
You definitely don’t have to use melted butter. You can use softened butter.
What is the most important thing to keep in mind when it comes to making banana bread?
The moisture content is the most important thing when it comes to making banana bread.
If you want to make sure that the bread turns out good, then you need to make sure that your bananas are not too ripe. If they are, then the bread will be very gummy and not have enough moisture.
You may have to use less flour if your bananas have more moisture than usual. If your fruit has a lot of moisture, then you will use about a cup less flour than what is called for in this recipe.
What makes this banana bread healthy?
The flour that you use is probably the biggest factor. You can use half whole wheat and half all-purpose if you want to make it a little healthier, or use part-skim and all-purpose flour for a lighter texture.
You don’t need to add a lot of butter or oil because there is already enough fat from the bananas to give it some texture. The texture will be very cakey if you use too much fat, and too much butter can also make your bread taste like shortening.
Does this recipe make one loaf?
Yes, this should make one loaf.
What Do We Do When Bread Doesn’t Rise?
If your bread didn’t rise, then these are the possible reasons why.
- The yeast or baking powder might not be in your recipe. Did you use active dry yeast or instant yeast? Instant yeast is better for baking sourdough bread because it is more potent than active dry yeast and can be used at a slightly lower temperature.
- If you are using instant yeast, then you need to make sure that it isn’t expired or lumpy before adding it to your recipe.
- Perhaps your bananas are not ripe enough or the sugar content is too high. The bread may be very gummy if it is too wet or too sweet.
- The bread was too wet. You may have used too much butter or oil, which can make the bread taste like shortening. The bread will also be less flavorful if it is too wet, so you might need to use less flour.
- The bread was over mixed before baking. This is a common problem because most people don’t proof their yeast properly.
How To Make The Best Banana Bread Recipe Simple
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 or 1 tbsp baking powder
1 or 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
lightly beaten 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
3 cups of flour Vanilla Extract
Mix together the sugar, butter and eggs. Add in the bananas, vanilla and mix. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them into the banana mixture until they are combined well. Pour batter into greased loaf pan or muffin tins. Let the batter rise until it is double in size. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. You can sprinkle cinnamon sugar or glaze on top while they are cooling to make them sweet like you prefer. This recipe will make two loaves or 24 muffins.
Tips for Making the Best Banana Bread Recipe:
For the best results, check on your bread and use a timer to make sure that it is not in the oven too long.
- Use ripe and soft bananas to prepare the batter.
- Sift your flour first before adding it to your banana mixture, as this will help combine the ingredients better.
- Use an electric mixer to thoroughly mix the ingredients together before putting them in an oven.
- Check if your bananas are healthy by removing a peel and looking for brown spots. If there are too many brown spots, then your bread will come out gummy.
- Use a bowl with high sides to sift your flour, as it allows you to give it more of a stir.
- Do not over beat the batter as this will result in tough bread. The less you mix or stir it, the fluffier it is when you take it out of the oven.
- When making this recipe, you might want to add 1 teaspoon or 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. It won’t change the flavour too much but will give it a unique taste.
- If you heat your bread in the oven, then you will have to check on it every few minutes for about 10 minutes until the bread is warmed through. You may also notice that it gets a little more brown in colour, which means that it has toasted a little bit due to the heat from the oven.
- If you put your bread in the refrigerator, then you will have to wait for it to be cooled down before you can take it out. It might seem like a hassle, but putting it in the refrigerator will give your bread time to set.
- If you made too much banana bread and want to freeze some of it, then keep it in an airtight container and keep checking on it every few days.
How to store banana bread?
If you want to prevent it from spoiling, then you need to make sure that you keep it in the refrigerator. You can also put it into a freezer bag and keep it in the freezer for about 3 months. If you freeze it, be sure to let it thaw out on the counter first before removing the wrapping.
How long does banana bread last?
The banana bread will stay fresh longer if you freeze it first and then thaw it out on the counter before serving. If you want to store it for a week, then keep it at room temperature, but if you want to store it for longer than 1 week, then put banana bread in the fridge.
Banana Bread Recipe Variations
Here are some variations on our banana bread. Feel free to use your favourite add-ins (or not) for each variation.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips – The best topping for banana bread is chocolate chips. So I suggest that you slice up some chocolate bars and place them on top of the loaf before you bake it, then sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
Frosting Banana Bread –
It’s been mentioned that you can use cream cheese frosting to coat the top of the banana loaf. But I think it makes a better cake, not a loaf of bread. Just use all-purpose flour instead of part-skim.
Banana Bread with Walnuts –
To use walnuts instead of chocolate chips, use the same method as above. Slice up some walnuts and place them on top of the banana bread before you bake it. It will add a nutty flavour to it as well.
Banana Bread with Raisins –
To make banana bread with raisins, mix 1-2 tbsp of raisins in with the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
More Recipes! You Can Try It!
This is how to make the best banana Bread Recipe Simple. This is the easiest Banana Bread recipe ever and it is extremely delicious and moist. You will love this recipe because it is made by real cooks and not too heavy.