Easy, delicious food to make for your family on a weeknight. Potato skins in Oven are very easy and can be made with any type of potatoes. They make a great dinner side dish, or you can enjoy them as a snack. You need to get your oven heated up before you add the potatoes to the pan, so this is not something you are going to want to do ahead of time.
One word: potato skins in oven!
Potato Skins in Oven – A recipe for making potato skins without deep frying your food or using oil in your pan. The potatoes are baked in oven.
Potato skins in oven – a delicious potato dish that is free of fat, provides you with a healthy way to make potato skins
What are you doing still here? Go get your ingredients and start cooking already! The recipe is so easy to make and your family will be happy to get some homemade potato skins in oven.
We recommend this delicious side dish to all families that like to have good food.
Potato skins are great for a busy family! It’s really easy to make and you can use frozen potatoes in the oven. Also, it’s an affordable meal that is delicious and filling – perfect for coming home from work on a cold winter night! You can never go wrong with potato skins with bacon and cheese. I usually make this recipe with chicken too because it tastes amazing.
Ingredients for Potato Skins in Oven:
2 slices bacon, diced
2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to cook Potato Skins in Oven:
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Put the bacon pieces into a pan and fry them until crisp. Place the chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until crispy, but not burnt. You can also use a griddle or large saute pan.
- When you have cooked the bacon, add it to a paper-towel lined bowl and pour off most of the grease into another bowl.
- In the same skillet you cooked the bacon in, add the cubed potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the potatoes are browned and crisp, stirring occasionally. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels, then transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Place in the oven under the broiler until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on your oven. Make sure to watch them so they don’t burn.
- While the potatoes are in the over, sprinkle the bacon on top and then top with shredded cheese. Return to broiler until cheese is bubbly, about 1 minute. Don’t let it burn.
- You can serve the potato skins immediately or store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Potato Skins in Oven- a meal which is easy and very tasty!
We recommend this wonderful and delicious recipe for any family who love potatoes and potatoes skins in oven.
How long do potato skins take to bake?
The potato skins take about 20 minutes to cook in the oven. We usually put them in the oven and then wait until they are ready – they should be golden brown when they come out of the oven. You can also check them after 15 minutes, as we recommend.
Are potato skins healthy?
Potatoes are naturally healthy foods and they are also relatively low in calories. They contain carbohydrates and a lot of potassium, which is good for the heart and helps to lower blood pressure. The potatoes also help to lower cholesterol levels, so if you are trying to lose weight eating potato skins is a great alternative to deep fried potato chips or French fries.
One word: Potatoes!
Sometimes we need something fast and easy for our family, so we make some of these dishes such as Potato Skins in Oven.
Toppings for Baked Potato Skins
Are potato skins healthy? They are a healthy food, or at least as healthy as any other baked food.
Potato Skins- A delicious baked potato dish that is fast and easy to make, just like the ones you love from Potatoes in the Oven.
It is a wonderful meal for all the family in my opinion and I hope this article will give you some inspiration on how to cook it at home.
Tips To Make Tasty Potato Skins in Oven
1.) Don’t use old or under cooking potatoes or you may end up with soggy skins. Younger, new potatoes are best.
2.) Don’t use russet potatoes as they turn out soggy.
3.) Use a cast iron pan to make the potato skins crispy on the outside, but soft and flavorful on the inside.
4.) Don’t peel the potatoes before you cut them into cubes and boil them in their jackets (skin). You can eat it without peeling them, but if you want to remove the skin then you must.
Potato Skins in Oven- On a hot summer day, potato skins are the best thing ever! They are so easy to make and they are full of nutrients and taste really good. The potatoes are baked in the oven, so you don’t have to heat up your kitchen with a big pot of oil and butter.
Follow us for more recipes and cooking tips.
It’s so good that it can be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Enjoy with some friends. Please come back because we will continue writing about healthy recipes for your family.